Applicants interested to pursue a course at SDI-B can apply through one of the following channels:
- Apply online by registering on the website using mobile number & email id and appear for the online exam.
- Download admission form from SDI-B website and submit application to e-mail id: [email protected].
- Register his/her name by visiting SDI-B campus in person or through phone call / WhatsApp
- Apply through post / courier by submitting the physical form published in the news paper containing admission notification.
Registered candidate would be required to appear in the entrance test, held in both online & offline modes. The information regarding the test dates will be available on institutes's website.
- Following the entrance test, two rounds of counseling shall be held.The merit list and the dates for each round of selection will be announced on the website.
- Each counseling round could be a rejection round. The admission list will be prepared based on the aggregate score achieved after the selection rounds.Students are advised to be vigilant about such notifications so that they do not miss any of the announcements / deadlines.
*During Covid-19 pandemic, entrance examinations could be conducted in the online mode only.
- Once the candidates register for courses at SDI-B, they have to appear in an entrance test. The test dates/venueshall be intimated to applicants by our admission cell.
- Following the entrance test, two rounds of counseling shall be held. The merit list and the dates for each round of counseling will be published on the website.
- The admission list will be released on SDI-B website and the selected candidates will also be intimated personally via e-mail.
- At the time of admission, students will be required to carry the original documents for verification. Only after proper verification of documents and fee payment, the selected candidate will be admitted to the institute.
- Institutes's decision regarding selection and admission shall be final and binding on the candidates.
The test paper covers questions pertaining to Englishlanguage, General Knowledge, General Science, Mathematics and Reasoning. The entrance test is conducted in English language.
Skill Development Institute, Bhubaneswar (SDI-B) is a philanthropic initiative of Oil PSUs operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG)to fulfil the Skill India Mission of Govt of India. SDI-B has been in operation since 2015 from a pilot campus at Mancheswar in Bhubaneswar. From August 2021, it has moved to a greenfield mega campusat Taraboi, Dist. Khorda. The mainobjectiveof SDI-B is to impart skill training to the unemployed and underprivileged youth of the society and prepare them to earn their livelihood.
Applicants should have a minimum age of 18 years. The institute offers course for different categories of students such as ITI certificate, diploma holders and graduates(Engineering/Non-Engineering). SDI-B particularly caters to the unemployed youth belonging to economically backward and disadvantaged sections of society.
SDI-B presently offers 16different skill courses across various sectors such as Hydrocarbon, Capital Goods, IT-ITeS and Instrumentation, Automation etc. Please refer to Academics - Courses section for more details.
All the regular courses offered at SDI-B are NSQF compliant and NSDC approved. Most of the new courses being offered are in collaboration with industry partners and are aligned to the market demand.
SDI-B is willing to work with organisations / institutions to collaborate in the field of upskilling/RPL for the unskilled/semi-skilled work forces.
The entrance test is conducted in both the online and offline modes. The candidates who choose to appear for the test in offline mode will have to choose a centre in their application form as per their convenience.
*During Covid-19 pandemic, entrance examinations could not be conducted in the offline mode.
SDI-B charges a nominal token fee for various courses.The fee as per duration of the course is as follows:
- 3-month course - 3,000
- 4-month course - 4,000
- 6-month course - 5,000
- 1-year course - 10,000
SDI-B campus at Taraboi is a state-of-art multiskilling institute of international standards spread over an area of 46 acres. Mentioned below are some of the infrastructure facilities offered by the campus:
- Professionally run multi skilling institute (green campus) with international standards – Impart world class skill courses for Indian/ global needs supported by Industry
- Hostels, Gym, Sports Complex, Canteen, etc.
- Smart Campus & e-Learning Management System from counselling to placement tracking
- Centers of Excellence (CoE) with major Indian and Global Industries and academic Institutions
- Futuristic skills: Industry 4.0 and immersive technologies
- Holistic learning experience for the students
SDI-Bbelieves in all-round development of the students and offers ample opportunities in sports. There are both outdoor and indoor sports facilities available like tennis, football, sprint track and billiards. Besides, there is also a gymnasium with the latest fitness equipment and machines.
Yes, the admission is presently open for the Academic session 2022-23 and the admission window shall remain open till 11th April 2022.
No. An applicant can only apply for only one course/programme at a time. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for the courses and select only one course which fits them the best.
In case the student fails to register for the course before the deadline, they can approach SDI-B through e-mail: [email protected]
Student can contact the admission team of SDI-B between 10 am to 5 pm.
Except the nominal token fee, no other fee is payable by the students. SDI-B bears all costs pertaining to boarding/lodging, uniform, training, medical insurance of students. The campus being fully residential, students are required to compulsorily stay at the institute’s allocated hostels for the entire duration of the course/program.
Yes. The trainees at SDI-B will have to wear the prescribed uniform, provided free of cost by the institute to all the enrolled students.
Yes, SDI-B has Guest House facility inside the campus which can be availed by payingprescribed charges. The Guest House room allocation shall be subject to availability of room at the time of making request.
The institute is located at Taraboi, Block / PS - Jatni, Dist. Khordha, Odisha, Pin - 752050.
It is approx. 34 km away from the heart of Bhubaneswar city.
SDI-B does offer placement assistance to its students who have successfully completed their courses.SDI-B has good tie-ups with industry partners to facilitate students’ placements. However, placement opportunities shall solely depend on the individual’s performance and preference of industry partners who visit SDI-B campus.
No, SDI-B does not provide any specific assistance to students for pursuing government jobs. Career counselling is an integral part of training at SDI-B which begins at selection stage and goes on till completion of course and even beyond, if required by students.
The objective of SDI-B includes both salaried employment and self-employment for its students. SDI-B supports entrepreneurship in the form training, mentoring & hand holding to interested candidates in their self-employment / entrepreneurship journey.