Following shall be the reservation and weightage of seats for admission into SDIB:
- Schedule Tribe (ST): 22.5%
- Schedule Caste (SC): 16.25%
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD): 5% with extent of disability not below 40% (blindness and low vision, hard of hearing, locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, muscular dystrophy, autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness)
- Ex-Serviceman, Serving Defence Personnel, Children of martyrs: 1% of the sanctioned seats shall be reserved for self/children/wife/husband of ex-serviceman, serving defence personnel and children of martyrs
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 10%
- Women: 30%
Candidates claiming reservation under SC and ST category shall submit their caste certificate issued by the State Govt. Those claiming seats under ex-serviceman, serving defence personnel and children of martyrs shall produce a certificate/affidavit as prescribed by the Central Govt.
EWS candidates for benefit of reservation shall have to furnish an affidavit at the time of counselling stating that he/she is not covered under the criteria of creamy layer. The candidates claiming their reservation under EWS category need to provide a BPL card/ Income tax return filing proof at the time of admission. In case of non-availability of either of the two proofs mentioned earlier, the candidate has to provide an Income and Asset certificate from any of the authorities mentioned below:
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides
Only the candidates having permanent disability of not less than 40% (being otherwise fit for admission to the course) will be considered for admission as Differently Abled. The disability certificate must be issued by the Chief Medical Officer of the concerned district.
Candidates need to submit migration certificate at the time of admission if his/her qualifying examination body is not in Odisha.
There will be a separate merit list published for each reserved category for admission after the declaration of entrance test result.
Every claim for the reserved category will require an important document to be submitted from the candidate to prove their reservation claim. If the candidate does not submit the same at the time of counselling, the admission process of the candidate will not go through.
Candidates will be notified about the exact number of seats across courses before the counselling process on the SDIB website.