Established in the year 2016, SDIB is consistently being recognized for excellence in skill training and learning. At SDIB world class industry-based hands-on training across a gamut of courses catering to Indian and global needs aligned with Skill India Mission. The skill training at SDIB is helping the unemployed youth to explore their full potential and equip them with greater employment and entrepreneurship opportunities.
A not-for-profit philanthropic initiative of Oil PSUs offers short-term vocational skill training programs to enhance the livelihood of unemployed & underprivileged youth from marginalized sections of society and to provide skilled manpower to the industry.
The National Policy on Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015 laid out Skill India Mission, and envisaged the creation of Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) by NSDC. Priority sectors have been identified based on the skill gap analysis. The SSCs have been mandated with the following functions:
- Identification of skill development needs including preparing a catalogue of types of skills, range and depth of skills to facilitate individuals to choose from them.
- Development of a sector skill development plan and maintaining skill inventory.
- Determining skills/competency standards and qualifications and getting them notified as per NSQF.
- Standardization of affiliation, accreditation, examination and certification process in accordance with NSQF as determined by NSQC.
- May also conduct skill-based assessment and certification for QP /NOS aligned training programmes.
- Participation in the setting up of affiliation, accreditation, examination and certification norms for their respective sectors.
- Plan and facilitate the execution of Training of Trainers along with NSDC and states.
- Promotion of academies of excellence.
- Paying particular attention to the skilling needs of ST/SC, differently-abled and minority groups.
- Ensuring that the persons trained and skilled in accordance with the norms laid down are assured of employment at decent wages.