SDI Bhubaneswar (Skilling Youths for the National Cause)
Skill Development Institute (SDI), Bhubaneshwar ; A not-for-profit philanthropic initiative of Oil PSUs under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India ; established for Job Skills, Employability & Entrepreneurship of youth of Odisha and other parts of the Eastern Region of the country. The campus, whose foundation stone was laid by the President of India, is being operational as a Multi – Skilling Academy of International Standards in 46.172 Acres in Jatni Tehsil of Khordha, with the aim to train 50,000 youths in the next few years over several Skill Trades to cater to the needs of the Industry.
President of India laid the Foundation Stone on 18th March 2018 for the SDI Main Campus, which is coming up as an Academy of International standards in 46.172 Acres at Jatni Tehsil of Khurda; near IIT Bhubaneswar.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the Main Campus on February 24, 2019.This multi skilling institute (green campus) with international standards – will Impart world class skill courses for Indian/ global needs supported by Industry.
Main features of mega model skill academy of International standards.
- Centers of Excellence (CoE) with Major Indian and Global academic Institutions & Industries.
- 1200 students intake at a time in Regular Skills
- Futuristic skills: Industry 4.0 and immersive technologies
- A shrine for all best skilling practices and innovations with incubation centre
- Compliances for skill certification-Indian & Global
- Support for placement / entrepreneurship / start-ups
- Smart Campus & e-Learning Management System from counselling to placement tracking
- Skilling 50,000 youth in next few years
- Holistic learning experience for the students
- Developing champions aligned with WorldSkills
- Smart Digital Campus
- Green and Sustainable campus site plan
- World-class sports complex and Gym facilities
- Solar energy to meet > 17% power requirement
- Incubation / Entrepreneurship centers
The main campus of SDI is ready with the 1st phase of facilities constructed through NBCC for providing skill training to around 50000 youths over next 10 years in various regular trades related to Hydrocarbons, Chemicals, petrochemicals, plastics, IT, Food processing & local industries and manufacturing and future skill required for industry 4.0.
Several global Industries like Siemens, Schneider and Kemppi have joined hands with SDI to set up centres of excellence for providing world class skilling to the local youth.